Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Laughing While Asleep...

I really regret not taking a picture of her yesterday...
I was getting ready for work and Abby was still asleep.  All of a sudden, I hear her giggling.
It's that hearty laugh she has when she finds something extremely funny.
She finds the most ordinary things absolutely funny.  Then I have to think - this is all new to her.  Well, whatever she was dreaming about yesterday morning, she found hilarious.  I thought she was awake and I went up to her to greet her good morning... she was still sound asleep.
 
On another note, I'm teaching her 123's this week.  She has an Elmo laptop w/numbers and we covered "1" yesterday.  She's familiar with "1".  You ask her "Abby met-sahl?" (meaning - How old is Abby?), and she points her index finger in reply.  I'm trying very hard to associate that with the number one.  The good thing about the Elmo laptop is that it reinforces the numbers you press.  You press one, it says, "one".  Quite annoying when she presses the keys too fast, as it's Elmo's high pitched voice... "one... one... oneoneoneone..." almost sounds like a DJ scratching his record.
 
Had a few minutes during lunch to reflect today.  Still bothering me that I didn't capture that "moment" on camera.  Hopefully this will make me jump to get the camera next time.

No comments: